RYAN C. JOHNSON
DOCTOR OF NEURO OPTOMETRY
Accepting New Patients | No referral necessary | Schedule an appointment
Southern California College of Optometry
University of California Berkeley, Neuro-Optometry and Binocular Vision
American Academy of Optometry
Additional Clinical Experience and Awards
Dr. Johnson's post-graduate work at the University of California, Berkeley was dedicated to patients with acquired or traumatic brain injury, concussions, the treatment of binocular vision dysfunctions (including convergence insufficiency, eye movement disorders, tracking difficulties, and eye focusing deficits), amblyopia (lazy eye), strabismus (eye turn), and sports vision training.
- American Optometric Association: 'Diagnosis and Management of Concussion in Primary Care' Workshop
- National Strength and Conditioning Association: 2018 State Conference
- National Strength and Conditioning Association: 2019 State Conference
- American Academy of Optometry: Visual field disturbances and hemi-spatial neglect syndrome following a stroke.
- Idaho Home School Conference: Why does a smart kid struggle to read?
- KTVB Healthy Idaho: Vision is more than 20/20
- Lecture Series, Palo Alto VA Hospital: Gaze-evoked nystagmus in cases of pituitary adenoma removal.
- Continuing Education Lecture Series, University of California, Berkeley: Lyme Disease and the neurological effects on vision, the visual system, and the brain.
Dr. Johnson works with legal experts in Idaho and nationally on cases involving traumatic brain injury and concussion, and the resulting effects on the visual system. He routinely provides medical review, depositions, and testimony in court cases.
Dr. Johnson is an Idaho native, born and raised in Boise. He has dedicated his career to bringing neuro-optometric care to the residents of Idaho. In his spare time you will find Dr. Johnson on foothill trails, either hiking or on his favorite mountain bike. Dr. Johnson enjoys time tending his ever growing collection of Japanese maples.